July 24, 2018
Primatologist Davis Okoye (Johnson), a man who keeps people at a distance, shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent, silverback gorilla who has been in his care since birth. But a rogue genetic experiment gone awry transforms this gentle ape into a raging monster. To make matters worse, it’s soon discovered there are other similarly altered alpha predators. As these newly created monsters tear across North America, destroying everything in their path, Okoye teams with a discredited genetic engineer to secure an antidote, fighting his way through an ever-changing battlefield, not only to halt a global catastrophe but to save the fearsome creature that was once his friend.
- Not A Game Anymore – From arcade sensation to movie monster epic, we explore how the Midway video game inspired the filmmakers to create the ultimate disaster film.
- Gag Reel – Hilarious outtakes and mishaps captured during production.
- Deleted Scenes – Deleted scenes that barely missed the final theatrical cut.
- Rampage – Actors in Action: Strap in for a wild ride as Dwayne Johnson, Joe Manganiello and the cast prepare for the film’s demanding stunts and explosive set pieces.
- Trio of Destruction – Follow the innovative design team and the artists at Weta Digital as they bring to life the biggest and baddest monsters for the film’s climactic battle royal.
- Attack on Chicago – Director Brad Peyton reveals the challenges of filming on-location in Chicago and turning digital destruction into a cinematic reality.
- Bringing George to Life – Discover the wonder of what it’s like to be a gorilla, as movement coordinator Terry Notary teaches actor Jason Liles how to move, behave and become “George.”
Rampage is now available on 4K, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD.
Ready Player One
From filmmaker Steven Spielberg comes the science fiction action adventure Ready Player One, based on Ernest Cline’s bestseller of the same name, which has become a worldwide phenomenon. The film is set in 2045, with the world on the brink of chaos and collapse. But the people have found salvation in the OASIS, an expansive virtual reality universe created by the brilliant and eccentric James Halliday (Mark Rylance). When Halliday dies, he leaves his immense fortune to the first person to find a digital Easter egg he has hidden somewhere in the OASIS, sparking a contest that grips the entire world. When an unlikely young hero named Wade Watts (Tye Sheridan) decides to join the contest, he is hurled into a breakneck, reality-bending treasure hunt through a fantastical universe of mystery, discovery and danger. Spielberg directed the film from a screenplay by Zak Penn and Ernest Cline.
- The ’80s: You’re the Inspiration: Ernest Cline and the film’s cast and crew discuss their love for the ’80s. Spielberg also briefly touches on cutting most of the references to his films.
- Game Changer: Cracking the Code: An in-depth exploration of the entire movie, beginning with the original writing and moving on to adapting it for the screen, assembling the cast, performances, realizing The Oasis and the real world depicted in the film, costume and prop design and avatar character construction, motion capture performance work, recreating key moments from The Shining, Janusz Kamiński’s cinematography, real world shooting locations, and more.
- Effects for a Brave New World: A comprehensive exploration of the film’s challenging and complex visual effects, including, most fascinatingly, Spielberg’s opportunity to perform pre-visualization in virtual reality.
- Level up: Sound for the Future: A quality examination of the film’s sound design, including finding the proper tone for the sound elements, avatar voices, recreating iconic sounds, and more.
- High Score: Endgame: This piece focuses on Alan Silvestri’s work on the film’s score.
- Ernie & Tye’s Excellent Adventure: Ernest Cline and Tye Sheridan sit down to discuss the film ahead of its Austin premiere.
Ready Player One is now available on 4K, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD.